Who Are We?
We are a group of New Testament Christians who strive to obey God by following His Word, the Bible. Heaven is our ultimate goal.
How Can We Get To Heaven?
According to the Bible, the way to be saved is to:
Hear the Word of God
Believe the Word of God
Repent of your sins
Confess your belief that Jesus is the Christ
Be baptized for the forgiveness of sins
Live a faithful Christian life
(Note: All verses are from the New King James Version of the Bible)
What Do We Believe?
- We believe that the Bible, and only the Bible, is the inspired word of God.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- We believe the Bible teaches that baptism is essential for salvation.
(1 Peter 3:21, Mark 16:16, Romans 6:4, Galatians 3:27)
- We believe the Bible teaches we are to meet every first day of the week (Sunday) for worship.
(Acts 20:7, I Corinthians 16:1-2, Hebrews 10:25)
- We believe the Bible teaches God approves only a capella singing during worship services.
(Ephesians 5:19, Colossians 3:16)
- We believe the Bible teaches Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper which is to be observed every Sunday.
(Luke 22:17-20, I Corinthians 11:23-26)
- We believe the the Bible teaches that the main mission of the church is to spread the gospel.
(Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16)
I began ministry with the Plaza congregation in July of 2018 after being in Jonesboro, Arkansas, serving with the Valley View church. I knew I wanted to be a minister since I was in high school. After graduating from D.A.R. High School in Grant, Alabama, I attended Harding university for my formal education. Over my four-year education I served with four different congregations in multiple ministry experiences.
I married my beautiful wife while at Harding. Madison and I love to be with our church family. She is a teacher at Alive Drive Middle, and I am a minister. We Love PEOPLE. We have begun a new chapter in our lives by coming to Sumter and we cannot wait to see what great things can be done in our community!
If you like Settlers of Catan, college football (Roll Tide!), a good book with a cup of coffee, or fellowship meals; we will hit it off!
Who Are Our Leaders?
- Christ is the head of the church.
(Matthew 16:18, Ephesians 5:23)
- Elders are to lead the local congregation and are responsible for the spiritual growth of the members.
(Acts 14:23, Titus 1:5)
- Deacons are to serve under the elders and are in charge in areas of service.
(Acts 5:2-4, Philippians 1:1)
If you have recently moved here or live in the area, we hope you will allow us to minister to you. If you have any questions concerning our worship service, please feel free to ask.
Plaza Church of Christ believes the Bible, and we promise that you will only hear the Bible taught and preached in our assemblies. Come worship with a friendly church! Remember–the Plaza Church of Christ cares about you.
“We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God” (2 Corinthians 5:20-21; NIV).
Our Elders / Deacons
|Jason Robertson (E)||Benevolence
|Harry Davis (E)||Missions
|Larry Matthews (D)||Building/Grounds
|Mike Howard (D)||Worship
| Harry Davis (E)
|Harry Davis (E)||Youth
|Ed Hoots (E)||Education
|Ed Hoots (E)||Communications
|Mike Howard (D)||Budget
|Jason Robertson (E)||Visitation
Plaza Church of Christ
PO Box 1385
Sumter SC 29150